I propose a talk with the following components:
– A discussion of database security
– Implications of insecure databases
– A quick look at academic research on this
– Securing your on-prem databases; an overview and further resources
– Database security on the cloud; an overview and further resources
I would like to talk about all this, and then invite questions/stories/feedback from the audience. I am hoping to raise security awareness, and connect with SQL enthusiasts who might be interested in participating in future research.